Classroom, Inc. Million Words Read Challenge
Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- DESCRIPTION: The Classroom Inc. Reading Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins on July 1, 2018 and ends on June 30, 2019 (“Entry Period”). By participating, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Classroom, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to educators and their students who are invited by Sponsor to enter. Employees of Sponsor and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
- HOW TO ENTER: First, educators register for the Sponsor product “Read to Lead” through classroominc.org/register. Registration requires just a few basic pieces of information such as an email address and a password. Educators and their students then play the episodes in Sponsor’s learning games, typically one episode per week for several weeks. Sponsor’s learning games automatically count the words read through gameplay and display them on a statistics page, which educators and their students can access anytime to see whether they have reached the required words read from one of Sponsor’s tiers, e.g. 250,000 words read collectively as a class. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes valid participation. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures impact the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
- 250,000 words read earns T-shirts for the class
- 500,000 words read earns T-shirts and classroom decorations for the class
- 1,000,000 words read earns T-shirts, classroom decorations, and a gift card for a pizza party for the class
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS: The approximate retail value of any prize will not exceed $300. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize-winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential Prize Winner does not respond within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential Prize Winner, the potential Prize Winner will forfeit his or her opportunity to receive a prize. If the potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if there was non-compliance with these Official Rules, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE/LICENSE OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Contest Entities to use prize winners’ name, entry, photo, video, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Contest Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Each Entrant and Prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify anyone who is found to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Contest Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York.