Classroom, Inc. Project and Event Manager (Part-time Independent Contractor)
National education technology nonprofit seeks a part-time project and event manager on a contract basis to work closely with the Managing Director, Programs and Partnerships.
What We Do
Classroom, Inc. is a non-profit that empowers adolescent youth in high-poverty communities develop the career-readiness skills they need for their future lives and careers. We create digital learning programs set in diverse professional worlds and empower students to take charge of their learning, imagine new possibilities for themselves, and gain the skills and confidence to achieve newfound ambitions.
Why We Do It
Middle and high school students from low-income communities face a host of systemic barriers, including poverty, racism, and inequitable education. Those barriers can combine to severely limit life and career opportunities for young people.
However, when youth are given the chance to connect the dots between school and their futures, immerse themselves in career exploration, and develop critical literacy and leadership skills, they are ready to bring their full potential to any opportunity they wish to pursue.
Students participating in our program outpace their peers in literacy gains on standardized assessments; demonstrate growth in the 21st century skills that are critical to thrive in the modern workplace such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving; and gain exposure to new career paths and opportunities.
One educator, Kiwonda Riley, explained the impact for her students: “My students were asking questions about how businesses work, and what it takes to be a boss. On top of improving their reading comprehension, Read to Lead taught them the skills they need to be effective leaders. Students are challenged to make important decisions, preparing them for life outside of their classrooms.”
Who are you? You’re someone who has not only used blended learning to transform student’s ability to read and write —you also are an incredible coach and mentor of educators! You love helping other practitioners deepen their understanding and skills of how to reach all of their student—and you relish seeing actual results. You are also the kind of person who thinks about how systems can be used to boost productivity—both for yourself and others. Working within a small, encouraging team, you will recruit new partner sites and meet key metrics.
Classroom, Inc. is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team as a Project and Event Manager. We’re looking for someone entrepreneurial, energetic, possess excellent communication skills to work directly with the Managing Director, Programs and Partnerships. You will help to elevate the work of Programs and Partnerships to b=both internal and external stakeholders. This is a contract role in the greater NYC area and will consist of 10-15 hours/week.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Programs and Partnerships Intranet
- Manage Read to Lead’s virtual google classroom
- Manage and enhance google classroom support
- Codify reporting templates for funders, donors, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Work in tandem with the Program Marketing Manager to ensure all logistics are up to par with training, webinars, demos, conferences, and national networking opportunities
- Execute professional development organization-sponsored events at the office
- Communicate effectively across teams to elevate Programs and Partnerships work on the ground
- Report to Managing Director, Programs and Partnerships
What you bring
- Expertise in project management aligned to strategic goals and metrics
- Experience in creating fun and engaging learning events for adults
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Experience in utilizing digital tools
- Experience with managing clients also a bonus
- Experience with web-based technologies like Google Apps, including Google Apps for Education. Salesforce, and Tableau
- Evidence of change leadership w/i an organization
We’re a small team committed to having a big impact on the futures of the students that we serve. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in! If you’re interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.