Classroom, Inc. IT Administration and Junior Development Intern
National education technology nonprofit is seeking a part-time Jr. Developer/IT Administration Intern to support and manage ongoing internal and external IT, customer support needs, and ongoing software development.
What We Do
Classroom, Inc. helps middle school youth in high-poverty communities develop the career-readiness skills they need for their future lives and careers. We create digital learning games set in diverse professional worlds and empower students to take charge of their learning, imagine new possibilities for themselves, and gain the skills and confidence to achieve newfound ambitions.
Why We Do It
Middle school students from low-income communities face a host of systemic barriers, including poverty, racism, and inequitable education. Those barriers combine to severely limit life and career opportunities for young people.
When middle school youth are given the chance to connect the dots between school and their futures, immerse themselves in career exploration, and develop critical literacy and leadership skills, they are ready to bring their full potential to any opportunity they wish to pursue.
Students participating in our program outpace their peers in literacy gains on standardized assessments; demonstrate growth in the 21st century skills that are critical to thrive in the modern workplace such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving; and gain exposure to new career paths and opportunities.
One middle school educator, Kiwonda Riley, explained the impact for her students: “My students were asking questions about how businesses work, and what it takes to be a boss. On top of improving their reading comprehension, Read to Lead taught them the skills they need to be effective leaders. Students are challenged to make important decisions, preparing them for life outside of their classrooms.”
What You’ll Do
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners
- Review and respond to user support requests
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Provide assistance to internal employees with ongoing information technology issues
- Follow up w/vendors re: new equipment and software and/or billing issues
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Contribute to ongoing software projects and/or lead development of small-scale solutions
What You Bring
- 1-2 years part-time work experience
- Demonstrated IT support knowledge/proficiency
- Programming experience: HTML/CSS
- Experience managing Windows and/or Mac workstations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn
- Experience with front-end development technologies: AngularJS/React/Vue.js
We’re a small team committed to having a big impact on the futures of the students that we serve. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in. The IT Administrative Internship is a paid internship, and we offer a competitive hourly rate. If you’re interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.