Title: Manager of Institutional Giving
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Role
Classroom, Inc. is seeking a Manager of Institutional Giving to play a critical role in securing increased funding from foundation and corporate donors to fuel a growing organization. The Manager of Institutional Giving will work closely with the Director of Development to identify and pursue new sources of institutional support, and support development communications.
Classroom, Inc. has been a pioneer in educational technology for more than 25 years. Read to Lead, our groundbreaking suite of next generation learning games, helps students build literacy, life, and career skills. By becoming the boss in a professional workplace, they learn to read closely, write clearly, solve problems, and collaborate with their peers while making big decisions on the job. We work with educators in under-resourced communities to give them the tools they need to empower their students.
You are passionate about educational equity and have experience writing and managing grants. You can translate data and information into compelling narratives tailored to specific audiences, can think creatively to find solutions, and proactively identify new opportunities. You are able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and can collaborate effectively across departments.
- Lead the management of Classroom, Inc.’s institutional giving efforts to meet our organizational growth goals
- Write all grant proposals, reports, and letters of inquiry
- Identify, research, and develop cultivation strategies for prospective foundation and corporate funders
- Explore government funding opportunities at the local, state, and federal levels
- Collaborate with staff from across all departments—leadership, partnerships, finance, product, and research—to gather information, create strategy, and ensure all requirements and deadlines are met
- Manage internal processes for tracking grant deliverables, including leading cross-departmental meetings, updating Salesforce with deadlines and project management status, and ensuring proposal and report creation process is inclusive and collaborative; serve as the organizational expert on institutional donors and grants
- Provide support on donor communications, such as presentations, correspondence, annual appeals, acknowledgement letters, and website and annual report copy
- Consistently and proactively seek out ways to improve the quality of development communications
- Stay up-to-date on trends in philanthropy, education reform, and edtech
- Support general departmental needs, such as preparing for special events or donor meetings, as needed
- Passion for Classroom, Inc.’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing skills, with two to five years of grant writing and management experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Tech-savvy, organized, and incredibly detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial, with flexibility to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Experience conducting online research
- Familiarity with database functionality
- Experience at an education or youth development-related organization
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Tableau
A resume, cover letter, and writing sample demonstrating relevant grant writing experience should be sent to the following address with “Manager of Institutional Giving” as the subject: email@example.com.