About the Organization
Classroom, Inc. is an edtech nonprofit that helps middle school students in high-poverty communities develop literacy, life, and career skills. Our Read to Lead digital learning games invite students to “be the boss” in virtual workplaces, where they read closely, think critically, lead a diverse team, and solve complex problems. Read to Lead provides educators with a proven model for empowering the next generation of readers and leaders.
About the Role
Classroom, Inc. is seeking a Donor Communications Consultant to strengthen relationships with external stakeholders by writing compelling donor communications. This position reports to the Managing Director of Development, and will require a time commitment of ~10 hours per week.
You have excellent writing skills, experience in developing marketing and communications content that drive fundraising results, and are passionate about educational equity. You have experience generating stories, and can translate your colleagues’ work into exciting narratives for a variety of audiences. You are highly organized, able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with a range of stakeholders to produce excellent content.
- Generate compelling content that highlights the impact and relevance of the organization, and motivates current and potential donors to take action. Content types include printed collateral, emails, blog posts, program overviews, impact case studies, and conference proposals
- Design and execute campaigns designed to acquire, engage, and retain donors, such as content for a grassroots fundraising campaign or a newsletter for current donors.
- Create social media and website content specifically targeted to donors
- Identify data-driven strategies to improve donor communications
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional writing skills, specifically for donor audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Well-versed in the edtech space, including relevant trends, thought leaders, and conferences
- Social media experience, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ability to develop and execute email marketing campaigns (knowledge of Act-On a plus)
- Bonus skills: graphic design / video editing / crowdfunding platforms
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Donor Communications Consultant” as the subject. Classroom, Inc. is based in NYC, but we are open to applicants from anywhere in the United States. Compensation is commensurate with experience.