About Classroom, Inc.
What We Do
Classroom, Inc. is a philanthropically supported edtech nonprofit that helps middle school youth in high-poverty communities develop the literacy, life and career skills that are essential for success and to ensure a smooth transition to high school and beyond.
We created and launched Read to Lead in 2017, a platform offering supplemental literacy curriculum in the form of unique digital learning games set in diverse professional worlds. Our learning games, personalized pathways and curriculum empower students to take charge of their learning. Through our virtual workplace experiences, students improve reading and writing skills, apply essential 21st century skills and imagine new possibilities for themselves to achieve newfound ambitions.
Why We Do It
At Classroom, Inc. we engage middle school youth in deep learning experiences. With 28 years of research, we know our approach works. When middle school youth are given the chance to connect the dots between school and their future, immerse themselves in career exploration, and develop critical literacy and leadership skills, they are ready to bring their full potential to any opportunity they wish to pursue.
Students participating in Read to Lead programs outpace their peers in literacy gains on standardized assessments; demonstrate growth in the 21st century skills that are critical to thrive in the modern workplace such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving; and gain exposure to new career paths and opportunities.
Middle school educator, Kiwonda Riley, shared her students’ experience: “My students were asking questions about how businesses work, and what it takes to be a boss. On top of improving their reading comprehension, Read to Lead taught them the skills they need to be effective leaders. Students are challenged to make important decisions, preparing them for life outside of their classrooms.”
About the Role
Classroom, Inc. is seeking a talented Director of Marketing & Growth that will spearhead product marketing efforts to dramatically expand our national user base of middle school teachers. In addition, you will collaborate with our Development team on communications efforts that increase brand awareness and support fundraising goals.
This exciting role will help change the lives of teachers and students across the United States. How? You will help teachers to find, use, and share Read to Lead learning games, lessons and content thereby improving the reading, writing and 21st century skills of hundreds of thousands of middle school students.
You will lead a small, but mighty team to grow our user base from 2,600 to 6,000. You will direct, initiate, and be responsible for all marketing programs and campaigns for internal and external communications. In addition, as Director of Marketing and Growth you will be responsible for all phases of the integrated marketing, branding, and communications strategies designed to establish the Read to Lead brand and organization as leaders in creating impactful and innovative edtech tools.
You have experience as a data-driven outbound product marketer. You have a successful record of executing on paid social, digital and email marketing and the data analysis chops to prove it. You are keen to produce messaging and positioning for Read to Lead tools and products, which will drive demand. You have excellent writing and strong visual design skills, and are passionate about educational equity.
You have experience generating educator stories and experiences, and can translate your colleagues’ work into exciting narratives for a variety of audiences. You are highly organized, able to manage multiple projects, and people in a fast-paced environment, and can collaborate effectively across development, program, product, and research teams. You have experience in the edtech sector, know and love teachers and definitely know and understand the challenges teachers face daily – you can empathize with our community and craft messages that will resonate.
● Strategic vision for growth marketing and communications: Oversee the strategic vision for marketing and communications, working with the team to determine the milestones and execute on the activities that support the vision
● Product marketing and user growth: Help Classroom, Inc. achieve ambitious goals for user growth, significant improvements to user retention, and inform continuous enhancements to product
usability and program efficacy through paid social, digital marketing and email marketing
● Data driven campaign development: Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the
image and position within the marketplace and the education space
● Brand / message development: Develop cohesive messaging, content, and online/print collateral that will be used to communicate Classroom, Inc. and its Read to Lead products to our core user base and the supporters of the organization
● Strategic content creation: Generate compelling, engaging content that highlights the diverse activities of the organization for multiple audiences across print and digital collateral
● Collateral development: Lead development of digital and online collateral that supports new user and donor acquisition
● Public and media relations: Create a plan for public and media relations that establishes Classroom, Inc. as an authority in edtech and education leadership
● Experience and understanding of the education technology market place, with an emphasis on understanding the pain points of english language arts teachers and other core content areas
● Proven experience and examples of successful paid, social and email marketing initiatives
● Ability to collaborate with vendors for organic and paid social media marketing
● Experience leading communications
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, to work collaboratively across a broad spectrum of areas and populations to achieve institutional goals
● Exceptional writing and editing skills
● In-depth knowledge and skills to create, develop and implement long and short-term strategic communications plans.
● Social media and analytics experience across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Google Analytics
● Fluency with core analytic and marketing tools including Salesforce, Act-On and other marketing automation tools (i.e Super Metrics)
Salary & Benefits:
● Salary: Commensurate with experience
● Benefits: Classroom, Inc. offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, generous PTO, pension and benefits package
This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. This role (at some point in the future) requires both local and national travel (up to 25%) for meetings and conferences. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in!
If you’re interested, send BOTH a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please list your salary requirements for the role to be considered.